Software Engineer C++ ADA JAVA - Simulation and Training Systems Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
- Work through full-cycle software development that includes requirements analysis, design, & implementation.
- Interface with lead integration engineer regarding software component integration
- Derivation of system-level requirements into software requirements
- Identification, documentation, and repair of software defects
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
- Apply software engineering standards and assists the engineering team in software system or subsystem development and documentation efforts.
- Understands and adheres to project schedules and stays within established budgets.
- Familiar with industry software development standards and with the capabilities of related Department of Defense software systems.
- Demonstrated software engineering experience in HLA federations, developing interfaces to military C4I systems and other training simulations
- Software development experience using one or more of these tool Ada, Java, C++, C#, Perl, XML, UML, Client, HLA, Cygwin, MS Windows, and Linux
- Experience in Linux/windows shell scripting
- Two (2) or more years of experience supporting military training events/exercises utilizing simulation-based training systems
- Secure systems
- Agile development
- Database design
- Thin client applications