Experience debugging and contributing to Open Source code is strongly desired. The candidate should be familiar with the software development life cycle from designing requirements, to delivery and support of software. The candidate should also be capable, resourceful and independent.
Essential Job functions & Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing and debugging performance and reliability issues.
• Works pro-actively with other engineers and peers to ensure product requirements and dependencies are managed effectively across the broader organization .
• Can function independently and work with management and peers.
• Manages own daily work schedule with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Collaborates with other development teams to ensure full integration of all parts of system.
• Researches and evaluates alternative approaches for solution development.
• Works with fellow engineers, motivating encouraging them to stretch and expand their capabilities.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Thinks strategically and plans tactically. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 7+ years of software experience overall required.
• 5+ years of C++ development required.
• 2+ years of IDE (Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.) required .
• 2 years experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc.) required.
• 2 years experience with portable computing systems highly desired.
• Java development experience is a plus.
• Skills in foreign languages(Spanish, Arabic, etc...) are a plus.
• Able to prove understanding of and apply industry software development processes and practices.
• Ability to communicate complex technical material with groups outside of engineering. • Able to prioritize multiple tasks, managing conflicting deadlines, and working effectively in a dynamic environment. • Knowledge of software development life cycle • Comprehensive understanding of functional groups related to engineering (i.E., documentation, release engineering, etc...). • Able to apply effective change management techniques. • Understand the corporate business plan and their role in supporting it. • Apply basic knowledge of regulations and subject matter laws appropriately (especially related to open source software licenses).• Advocate point of view when appropriate. • Formal meeting organization and facilitation skills. • Quickly learns and assimilates new business processes, ideas and concepts to formulate conclusions and deliver results .• Works with integrity. Maintains credibility by meeting commitments. • Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development. • Analytical skills necessary to assess information and apply judgement in decision-making. • Understands span of control to escalate or delegate issues to appropriate levels.