Linux Technical Analyst / Linux Applications Support Analyst
Altamonte Springs, FL
Hands-on LINUX application support analyst will be responsible for providing production and technical support, rotating on-call, project participation, and business continuity support for Hosted and Enterprise Domain applications. The candidate will have lead detection and troubleshooting of issues that affect delivery of services across multi-tier platforms: a solid understanding of LINUX, and familiarity with enterprise level software support. Must have excellent communication skills, as we periodically interface with clients, vendor and business partners. Familiarity with LINUX Server Administration is a plus - but not required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Linux Platform and Applications support with experience troubleshooting of production applications within lower and upper multi-tier environments
- Support of production applications on a rotating basis, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls
- Create application monitoring plan and recommend performance and infrastructure capacity improvements
- Point of escalation accountable for customer support to diagnose and resolve customer impacting issues
- Review turnover artifacts to ensure completion prior to executing production installs
- Participate in assigned projects representing the support organization, communicate status, issues and delivery risks
- Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning items for production deployment - helps team prepare for code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback.
- Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and develop risk mitigation plans for continuous improvement
- Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and worked aggressively
- Maintain and/or create technical support documentation
- Education: Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or high school diploma with equivalent experience
- LINUX Systems experience
- 3+ years of IT experience in a technical production support role or equivalent with background in LINUX and Windows development or operations support
- Strong technical experience with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure configurations
- Familiarity with common networking practices
- Analytical problem solving skills to solve complex problems and independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Familiar in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.