IT Project Manager (Mid -Level) - IT and Software Apps PM
Lake Mary, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following - Accountable for planning and delivering small to large cross-functional projects, and possibly individual project components of large programs through full delivery life-cycle ensuring project is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Monitors and communicates the progress of project delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of project status in terms of cost, forecast, deliverables, schedule and assessment of risk/issues
- Ability to negotiate and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the life of the project
- Logs and tracks project risks and issues to ensure ownership is established and progress is made towards resolution/mitigation with escalation being sought when needed
- Acts as primary POC for projects and proactively manages change to the project scope, schedule and budget
- Regularly produces project artifacts and facilitates regular project cadence meetings to include Manager, Director, and possibly VP levels
- Produces ad-hoc reports and/or presentations as needed
- Adheres to all project management process guidelines and procedures
- Provides Daily Management updates of all assigned large projects/On time deliverable metrics
- Provides regular forecasts of estimated project work to management for scheduling purposes
- Contributes to and participates in continual process improvement for the PMO team
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Responsible for leading, supporting, and working with matrixed project teams
- Takes appropriate escalation steps both within Company and the customer organization when project milestones are jeopardized.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management –
- Develops project plans;
- Coordinates projects;
- Communicates changes and progress;
- Completes projects on time and budget;
- Manages project team activities.
- Demonstrable sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to quickly analyze project metrics, or, overall project health,
- Proactively report schedule impacts and subsequent issues and/or risks; present recommendations / appropriate solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail on all levels of communications.
- Commitment to long hours of work to meet goals.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools
- Working knowledge in IT project management methodologies, including but not limited to the Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills – oral, written, presentation, formal and informal
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and problems, determining the root cause and identifying a resolution quickly
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Proficient with project management tool(s) such as Microsoft Project Online or Jira
- PMP Certification
- Linux Experience
- SQL Experience
- RCA Experience