- 3+ Years of professional engineering experience in firmware and embedded systems
- Experience programming, debugging, and reading programs written in C or C++
- Experience programming for ARM processors.
- Familiarity with encryption, compression, and computer security (Blowfish, AES, Authentication Algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with device drivers like SPI and I2C
- Ability and willingness to design using sound engineering principles including documentation where appropriate and efficient, effective code that is maintainable and testable.
- Some working knowledge of vehicles and/or a passion for vehicles
- Familiarity with CAN protocol
- Familiarity with automobile electronics, in particular ECU/ECM/PCM/TCM
- Experience with wireless communications (WiFi, BTLE, GSM/LTE, etc.)
- J1939 experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Digital Engineering, etc.; or equivalent experience