FPGA Software Engineer - Embedded Engineer
Lake Mary, FL
- Develop firmware and software for FPGAs or microprocessors that power the system and develop software and GUI's for the host applications that run and demonstrate the prototype systems.
- Work with other engineers to provide input to help develop the system requirements and to develop the various device interfaces.
- Develop firmware and drivers for device to device data transfer.
- Develop Embedded Firmware for Sensors and Sensor Controlled Devices
- Develop firmware and drivers for controlling and driving devices
- Implement signal processing and image processing algorithms in firmware and/or software.
- Develop and/or implement and test data transfer protocols between the systems and host devices.
- Develop test routines in support of sub-system testing.
- Work with the other engineers to generate supporting documentation and preliminary user manuals.
You will have the opportunity to design and implement firmware and software for proof of concept systems and prototypes for state of the art devices - your designs will support many applications and each prototype will be a great learning experience that will enrich and grow your capabilities and expertise. You will enjoy design freedom and collaboration with field experts.
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a similar field
- 5+ years' experience in firmware and software development
- Experience with Sensors or Audio Processing
- 3 + years of experience in FPGA development and synthesis is REQUIRED
- Experience with firmware design, simulation, debug, and test