Commercial Property Apprasier
This job involves the valuation of commercial real estate for ad valorem purposes through the application of standard appraisal techniques, including the sales comparison, income and cost approaches.
Must possess the qualifications of a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser for at least eight (8) years OR have at least eight (8) years of commercial real estate " assessment” experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the collection, analysis and review of commercial property data. Analyze and reconstruct income and expense statements upon adherence to confidentiality and nondisclosure obligations.
- Inspect, review and reconcile property sales in compliance with standards, as measured by the sales ratio analysis of the tax roll. Perform commercial real estate research including comparable sales data, comparable income and expense data, as well as market trends and market derived overall capitalization rates data.
- Develop and perform necessary mass income updates into the computer assisted mass appraisal system and verify the accuracy and validity of resulting changes to value.
- Review commercial properties with owners or their representatives; make value adjustments, when warranted, and justify the changes. Prepare parcel splits and combinations within their assigned property types with correctness with respect to technical and valuation aspects.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must hold a bachelor' s degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Preferred degrees include Business Administration, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Level III requires ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency and competency in valuating commercial real estate.
- State-Certified General Appraiser License, or advanced designation, including The Appraisal Institutes' MAI designation and the IAAO' s CAE designation are required.
- The professional designation of Certified Florida Evaluator (CFE) is required.
- Commercial real estate appraisal and/or assessment experience is required.
- Ability to use initiative, to think independently, and exercise sound judgement. Ability to prioritize work. Ability to read and interpret maps, blueprints, plats and aerial photos.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports. Ability to apply computer applications and software. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook is necessary.
- Knowledge and ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally, concepts related to the valuation of commercial real estate.
- Ability to render identifications and technical descriptions concerning structural features, construction methods, and quality of construction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, outside agencies, and the general public. Ability to work within a team environment.
- Must have the personality and temperament necessary for working under stress in dealing with the public. Ability to communicate tactfully and courteously with the public.