CSPO Business Analyst - BA Product Owner
The Senior Business Analyst (CSPO) Product Owner will utilize a variety of analysis techniques and have a broader working knowledge of the project lifecycle, the organization as a whole and its respective business processes. The senior BA Product Owner manages business requirements throughout the project lifecycle and collaborates with IT to ensure those requirements are met. The senior business analyst's role will also include scoping, defining potential project initiatives and managing project estimation efforts by working with internal teams to estimate project costs and timelines. This individual will be experienced in managing user acceptance testing and creating user acceptance testing deliverables.
- Ability to facilitate design sessions
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications, use cases, user stories and other functional design documents
- Understanding and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Lead the project efforts in identification and elicitation of business requirements using various elicitation techniques
- Conducts requirements walkthroughs and obtains sign offs.
- Manages the traceability of the requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Leads and manages user acceptance testing efforts and produces required deliverables
- Mentor and train junior- and mid- level business analysts
Skills & Key Competencies:
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers to analyze needs and requirements and deliver required projects artifacts on time and on budget.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Ability to manage large-scale, complex projects across several business divisions
- Ability to understand and manage enterprise level business needs in the context of corporate initiatives.
- Functions as a liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Experienced in workflows, process flows, and business process modeling using various notations and techniques
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a leader on cross functional project teams to achieve successful implementation of projects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision from Directors and Managers and ability to understand and complete delegated tasks.
- 5+ years' experience in an IT Business Analyst role - Product Owner - CSPO
- Must be detailed oriented with excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a professional presence in both communication and presentation skills.
- Must have experience working successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft products (Visio, SharePoint, Office, OneNote)
- Must have demonstrated experience with multiple software development methodologies
- A minimum of 5 full lifecycle implementations
- Must have a strong understanding of technology structures: networks, databases, internet, etc.
- Previous hospitality or timeshare experience is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field, or 6+years progressive work experience
- CBAP Certification preferred or equivalent experience - CSPO Preferred