Business Analyst (Data Analyst) PM BA/PM
The Business/Data Analyst works with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives. This role is also required to lead the project team, engage stakeholders, and keep stakeholders apprised of project status.
- Scope and define the business problem, primary objectives, and high level requirements for new projects.
- Determine project estimates by working with business and technical stakeholders to assess the overall project needs.
- Lead the project efforts in identification and elicitation of business requirements, tracking project schedule, providing status reporting, and conducting data analytics.
- Coordinate requirements walkthroughs and sign offs.
- Execute SQL Scripts and conduct data analytics to provide reporting metrics back to business partners
- Coordinate testing efforts among stakeholders and application development team.
- Assist in improving organization standards and guidelines
- Experienced in workflows, process flows, and business process modeling
- Develops requirements and project documentation according to our PMO standard templates and processes.
- Follows compliance (SOX, PCI, PII) and security regulatory policies and standards for confidentiality and privacy of data.
Skills & Key Competencies:
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers to analyze needs and requirements and deliver required projects artifacts on time and on budget.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize project needs
- Functions as a liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- The individual should be resourceful, detailed, assertive, flexible, adaptable, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to track project planning and execution activities and report out to business partners and IT leadership
- Ability to adapt and respond to change and priorities
- Ability to write and review SQL queries and work with business intelligence team
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple stakeholders and IT resources on a project
- Experience in conducting business analysis and data analysis planning efforts
- Experience in project management and project planning
- 5+ years' experience in an IT BA/PM role
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred
- 3+ years in data analytics and business intelligence
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite (MS Project, SQL Server, MS Office, OneNote)
- Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Adherence to business analysis, project management, and data analytics best practices
- Experience with Power BI desirable, but not required.
- Previous hospitality/timeshare is desirable but not required #zip